12 Benefits to Using and Wearing Modal Fabric
Modal is considered a luxury textile and is often used to blend with other fabrics to give a high-end feel with its lightness and softness. It has become very popular among eco-conscious fashion designers.
- Stretchy. Modal’s flexibility makes it ideal for items like t-shirts and athletic wear.
- Soft. Modal l has an incredible soft touch, and is often used for bed sheets,pajamas and undergarments.
- Breathable. Modal is great for sports clothing and everyday clothes because the fabric’s weave is very breathable.
- Water absorbent. Modal is 50% more absorbent than cotton; micropores inside the fabric absorb any water or sweat they come into contact with.
- Durable. Modal is very strong because of the tight weave and the long fibers and is therefore used for garments and housewares that receive regular use.
- Drapes well. Similar to rayon and other silk alternatives, modal has a beautiful drape that makes it ideal for clothing and decoration.
- Eco-friendly. Modal is made from regenerative plants and there are fewer chemicals used in the production process than with other types of rayon.
- Doesn’t pill. The fabric resists pilling and has a smooth finish that makes it ideal for everyday wear and use.
- Color fast. The fabric absorbs dye in warm water and does not bleed dye during the laundering process.
- Doesn’t shrink. Unlike most forms of rayon, modal is much less likely to shrink in the wash.
- Biodegradable. Modal is completely biodegradable.
- Doesn’t crease. Modal resists wrinkles and will stay smooth with minimal ironing.